Summer Bucket List: Greenbrier Vacation

On my Summer Bucket List, I mentioned that we were taking a family trip in the middle of July to The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. The Greenbrier Resort is also known as America's Resort because it was the gathering place for the nation's most influential and powerful families in the early 1800s. During the Civil War and World War II, the hotel was used as a hospital and military headquarters but what's even cooler than that is underneath the hotel is a bunker that was built for the U.S. government in case of a war. When you visit, you will have to take a tour of the bunker. 
The resort is famous for the lavish and bold decor by Dorothy Draper. She used a lot of vibrant colors and oversized patterns to make a {signature} statement. We spent hours walking around taking pictures of all the rooms that were decorated in style along with the gorgeous flowers that lined each and every walkway which made the outside of the resort just as picturesque as the inside.  
The weekend was filled with exceptional food, afternoons by the pool overlooking the beautiful golf course, rounds of golf on The Old White TPC which is home to hosting the Greenbrier Classic and {of course} a little pampering at the spa. After a weekend like this one, returning to reality was rough.
If you follow me on Instagram {stephaniechalk08} than you've seen these additional snaps taken from my phone. I have to admit that I wish we were getting ready to pack our bags to head north for another weekend in White Sulphur Springs! :)

20 comments

  1. Wow! What history there! This place looks amaze :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much great history there, it was a wonderful vacation! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  2. How much fun!! My parents went there last fall and LOVED it. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your husband will definitely have to take a trip there, I am sure your parents would love to go back again too! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Such a great trip!! I am DYING to visit The Greenbriar and these pictures aren't helping! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed at all, I promise! You will enjoy every second of your stay. Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  4. All of those pictures of especially the decor are making me want to plan a visit here, too! Reality is always difficult after a getaway - especially from somewhere as serene as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have spent hours upon hours taking pictures. Every time you turned around there was another beautiful photo op! It was difficult getting back into the swing of things. Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  5. Wow gorgeous!! I've never been but DYING to go! And so funny... I was thinking "one of my other blogger friends Katie just went here too!" then I saw your picture at the bottom, realized y'all have the same last night, and it hit me that y'all are related! Small world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fabulous place, definitely keep it on your list of vacation spots! You are absolutely right, I am one lucky lady to call Katie my sister-in-law! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous!! This is definitely on my travel list - we went to the Homestead when I was younger and ever since I've wanted to do the Greenbrier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must make a trip to the Greenbrier! I have heard that the Homestead is gorgeous too! I don't think we could go wrong with either place! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  7. Wow this place looks amazing! I've never heard of it before but it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm not usually a pink person but I'm actually loving that room with the pink carpet and bright colors, so fun!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I loved the bright colors, the mix-and-match designs and fabulous decor! It is an amazing place! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  8. What a cool place! I've never heard of this, but it looks amazing! Those gardens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blogger's dream! I wish the gardener and landscaping team could come to my house, I loved all their flowers! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  9. What, what an incredible spot for a vacation! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best mid-summer treat! I can't wait for the next trip! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  10. This resort looks amazing! Glad you had a fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous trip, wishing we were still there! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete

Thank you for following along! Your comments make me smile. Xo, Stephanie