Chalk House Updates: Kitchen Remodel Inspiration

Happy Friday, dear friends! I am thrilled that there's only 9 hours between me and the weekend. TC and I have had a lot of {festive} fun the past 2 weeks but after last week's birthday celebrations and this week's Christmas parties, we are ready for a lazy Friday night at home. By 5:30pm, you will find me kicking up my feet, catching up on all your blogs and emails while enjoying a glass of wine on the couch. 

With the New Year quickly approaching, I am starting to feel the remodel itch coming on in full force. The first room that is on our list is the kitchen. We spend a lot of time here since we enjoy cooking and entertaining but it is also connected to our family room so if you can imagine these two rooms get a lot of use. I have been bookmarking countless websites, folding corners in numerous magazines and visiting kitchen stores endlessly on the weekends so I hope we can bring my vision to life soon. 
My Inspiration in Pictures:
  • Kitchen Cabinets: Painted either Green-Grey or Light Grey with Brass Hardware
  • Sink: Farmhouse sink with a Champagne Bronze Faucet

  •  Backsplash & Countertops: White Subway Tile with Marble Countertops
  • Lighting: Wide Glass Pendant Lights & Recessed Lighting under the Cabinets
  • Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Simple White

    I would love your feedback, what do you think?! If you have any suggestions, please share them. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

16 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I love your kitchen inspiration! It's so pretty and bright! I'm always back in forward if I like those colors or the tan and dark brown ones better. Cannot wait for you to redo your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My goal was clean and bright and it turned out just how I thought, I can't wait to share pictures tomorrow! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Love your inspiration! I especially love the marble and backsplash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been dreaming of white marble and subway tile for months so I'm so happy that we finally took action! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Love all your inspiration! We have white canine era in our kitchen and I love how bright it makes the space feel. Benjamin Moore paints are my favorite. As far as whites go, I've used white dove and been really happy with it. It's a warmer white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your kitchen is gorgeous! We used White Dove in a few rooms in our home and I just love it! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Right?! They aren't easy to find either, I am still on the hunt! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  5. I love the inspiration!! The gray is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you! I find myself gravitating more and more to the gray tones right now! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  6. This is a fantastic example of how homeowners get inspiration from a variety of sources. All of the custom ideas that you have outlined are easy to recreate in almost any home. You only need to take care that the items blend together well in the space and that no one elements draws too much attention away from the rest.

    Van Lucas @ JPC Custom Homes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right, I wanted to make sure that every element would accent each other yet not draw away from the overall look and feel of our home! Thank you for stopping by. -Stephanie

      Delete
  7. I love your ideas for your kitchen remodel. From your pictures I can tell that you already have a light colored theme going on with metallic highlights. It's quite beautiful. It also seems as if the cabinets, sinks, and everything won't be too hard to do yourself. I've always loved a light, open plan sort of kitchen because I find them really welcoming, so I wish you luck on your remodeling plans.

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it came together beautifully! These inspiration pictures really helped bring my vision to life. The cabinets, sinks and countertops weren't too difficult to do ourselves which was great! Xo, Stephanie

      Delete
  8. Do you know what paint colour was used as the light gray in the cabinets by Heidi Piron? Can't seem to find it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually reached out to Heidi Piron for the color and it is a custom made color mix so you can't buy it off the shelf. Xo, Stephanie

      Delete

Thank you for following along! Your comments make me smile. Xo, Stephanie