A Look Back at 2014

2014 was an incredible year filled with memories that I will cherish forever. For 2015, I aim to Explore, Dream and Discover because "twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

January:
-We rang in 2014 at the New Year's Eve Gala at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh with a wonderful group of friends! As you will see, we had a lot to look forward to in 2014.
-It was so special to be able to host a Couple's Shower in Philadelphia at Ella's American Bistro for one of my dearest friends from high school, Danielle. Danielle & Mike are one of the cutest couples.
February:
-February was full of Bridal Shows & Wedding Meetings. I was over-the-moon excited (and relieved) when I found our Bridesmaid dresses. The experience at Bella Bridesmaids in Raleigh was wonderful from start to finish. Thank you, Laura and Christy for being fabulous! 
-We celebrated our "dating" anniversary with a date night and my favorite glass of bubbly.
March:
-Our sweet friends, Kristin and AJ, hosted a "Honey-Do" Couples Shower for us. How creative is the theme?! We loved being able to celebrate with our families and friends. 
*If you are looking to host a shower soon, review the creative list of shower themes by Loverly.
-Thomas' cousin married his high school sweetheart. It was a beautiful weekend and we were so happy to be part of it. 
April:
-My sister and I have run 4 half-marathons together and many more are in store for us. I cherish our race weekends because we run step by step, mile by mile together. In April, we ran the first annual Raleigh Rock and Roll Half Marathon. It was the hardest, most mentally and physically challenging race that I have completed to date. 
May:
-Phew! May was a busy month. We kicked it off celebrating Mother's Day and watching Kate graduate from UNC-Chapel Hill. I babysat Kate since she was a little girl - It has been an honor to watch her grow into a beautiful, young lady. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.
-I was counting the days until we took our Engagement Pictures! The day finally arrived and we headed to Fort Macon in Morehead City, North Carolina with our wedding photographer, Renee Sprink. We had a blast and I just love how they turned out.
-I truly believe that "best friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." I am forever grateful for our friendship. Being able to stand by Danielle's side as she married her best friend and as she smiled ear-to-ear was a moment that I'll never forget. 
June:
-Being able to see my family that lives in Chicago + celebrate my cousin getting married was an absolute joy! Every detail of their wedding was spectacular. 
-We had lots of fun in the sun with everyone that came to celebrate with us at the beach for our Wedding Shower in June. I am missing these warm, summer nights. 
July:
-My sister and I ran the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon. If you enjoy running, you must add this race to your list. The entire route is full of breathtaking views. Once you cross the finish line in historic Sonoma Plaza, you are handed a signature wine glass in order to begin an extensive wine tasting from some of the best vineyards in the area.
-We traveled to Asheville, North Carolina for another good friend's wedding. I fell in love with Asheville so we will be returning soon, perhaps this Spring when it isn't too cold.
August:
-These fabulous ladies made me feel like a Princess during my Bachelorette weekend - we had a blast discovering Savannah together! Stay tuned as I share a few of our favorite finds soon.
-Thomas and I are both NC State Alumni so my Sister hosted a Couples Shower at the Lonnie Poole Clubhouse. It was such a fun way to wrap up our engagement and celebrate one more time before our BIG day a few weekends later! How beautiful is the view?!  
-I locked the door for the last time to my apartment in August. Apartment 311 saw many sleepovers with family & friends, goals achieved, engagements, lots of laughs, tears and so many incredible memories.
September:
-Our wedding day was everything that I had dreamed of and more! It was simply perfect. I wish I could relive the weekend over and over again. I'll be sharing all the details on the blog over the next few weeks. 
-We left early Sunday morning so that we could soak up every second of our honeymoon in Grenada. Our resort was a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I can't wait to go back!
-My sweet, sweet sister got engaged! Their proposal in New York City was beautiful and I can't wait to stand by her side as she begins a lifelong journey with the man of her dreams.
October:
-Blue & Pink filled the room as we tried to guess the gender of Baby Congelli. We are so excited for Kristin and AJ as they become a family of 3! Their baby GIRL will be arriving in March!
-Seeing Eric Church in concert was on our bucket list but never did I think that we would see Eric Church at Madison Square Garden. Let me tell ya, he did not disappoint! Our entire weekend in New York City was one that we will always remember.
November:
-We hosted Thanksgiving at our home and I couldn't have been more thankful for the love that filled the room those few days. It made my heart happy!  
-I always look forward to celebrating birthdays - everyone deserves a day to be EXTRA spoiled and your birthday is a perfect excuse. I was so excited to spoil my husband all day! We had a wonderful dinner at Second Empire in downtown Raleigh. If you haven't been there before, you definitely have to celebrate a special occasion there soon.
-I have said it before and I will say it again, I am incredibly grateful for friends that have become family. Being trusted to become a Godmother was an honor and I can't wait to meet Miss Emery!   
December:
-Weddings and Engagements filled our year and we ended 2014 with this adorable proposal for a wonderful friend. Tyler and Kayla met at NC State while both attending the Poole College of Management so it was only fitting to propose on the steps of where they first met. I loved being able to capture their special moment for them. 
 -Our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. Chalk was perfect! Read more about the details in a recent post.

What were your favorite moments of 2014?

  

No comments

Thank you for following along! Your comments make me smile. Xo, Stephanie